Call Bob for a free In Your Home Consultation


Sign Up For Personal Email Notifications

learn more >>

Signing a Listing Agreement

The first formal step in marketing you property is to enter into a Listing Agreement -- a contract that commits Coldwell Banker Northern Bestsellers to actively market your home for a specified period of time. It also commits to a pre-established marketing fee that is paid upon the successful closing of the sale.

Bob Leggett may require the following documents:

Plan of Survey or Location Certificate

Certificate - A survey of your property which outlines the lot size and location of buildings as well as details of encroachments from neighbouring properties. This may be required in certain areas to complete the sale of your home. Your legal professional may recommend that you obtain a survey, especially if significant changes have been made to your property.

Property Tax Receipts

Most Listing Agreements require that the current annual property tax assessments be shown.

Mortgage Verification

Few homeowners know the exact balance on their mortgage as it is paid down. You will be asked to authorize your mortgage lender to provide the figures required.


This document is a legal description of your property and proof that you own it.

Other Documentation

In some instances, it may help the sale of your property if you can provide prospective buyers with information on such items as annual heating, electrical, and water expenses, as well as any recent home improvements costs.

NOTE: In many provinces you will be required to sign condition disclosure statement.

Return to Sellers Guide